2-time Olympic gold medalist. Member of the 2008 Beijing Olympic 4×100 freestyle relay that will go down in history as one of the greatest moments in Olympic history. American record holder. NCAA Champion. And the first American under 48 seconds in the 100 meter freestyle. Garrett Weber-Gale, one of the world’s most decorated competitive swimmers, joins the podcast to talk with Rich about elite performance, professional athleticism, life (and food) at the Olympic Training Center, how he healed his high blood pressure with better nutrition, and his passion for fine cuisine cooking, quality eats and helping people.
NOTE: I am well aware that the audio on this Skype interview is less than ideal. Issues with Skype not picking up my (Rich’s) microphone properly. Apologies. Again, I’m a newcomer at all this and can only promise to have it dialed in better next time. Thanks for understanding (& try not to hate).
- Garrett Weber-Gale Wikipedia
- Athletic Foodie
- Garrett in Sports Illustrated
- Garrett Weber-Gale Credits Good Nutrition for Olympic Gold
- Garrett on Twitter: @GWeberGale
Want to be inspired? Watch below as Garrett & his boys Michael Phelps, Cullen Jones & Jason Lezak do their thing in the 4×100 freestyle relay at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Greatest. Olympic Moment. Ever.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
1. TELL A FRIEND! (Self-explanatory)
2. SHARE ONLINE! (Also self-explanatory)
5. DOWNLOAD THE NEW MOBILE APP! Now you can access, stream, download and share the entire RRP catalog in the palm of your hand on any iOS mobile device (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) with our new mobile app. Never miss an episode, plus special announcements, discounts, giveaways. Already downloaded? Awesome. When you have a minute, and it feels right to you, do us a solid and give the app a review in the iTunes Store.